The jobholder has a sizeable staff at the Store directly/indirectly reporting or liaising with him. He is responsible for the entire store. Decisions taken by the jobholder or activities initiated by him/her will have a significant impact on the Store’s turn over / staff morale and customer responses.
To maintain a proper balance between management staff and customers. The Assistant Manager – Operations is the focal point for a particular range of products in the Store and is a decision maker with respect to them. Ensure achievement of the required standard of Customer Delight and Sales Targets. Direct, control and supervise the work of the DM’s/Sales Officers/Sales Associates.
- Is responsible for Pre-opening procedures – Opens Store in the morning, monitors Housekeeping
- discuss sales and set targets for the day
- Sales figures of previous day. Discuss with Staff, inform days budget.
- Open cash point to start operations for the day – and ensure that float is entered in all operating tills on time.
- Ensure that tills are manned – Allocation of dedicated cashiers
- Alternative arrangements for staff that are sick/absent.
- Detailed Floor inspection.
- Determine best sellers and poor sellers and derive upon a plan of action.
- To plan layouts depending on new lines and seasons.
- To ensure that stock is well presented and displayed.
- Ensure that replenishment takes place regularly whenever required.
- To plan moves on a daily and weekly basis depending on stock and new lines.
- Ensure that proper care is taken while making ‘Moves’ within the Department.
- Ensure that mannequins are changed regularly and that merchandise is displayed neatly on them.
- Is present to receive deliveries and assists his colleagues and staff in doing so.
- Getting the deliveries checked and counted in a systematic manner.
- Send the appropriate stock to their respective Departments.
- Report any discrepancies involved to the Manager – Operations.
- send requisitions to the warehouse/merchandisers on time, if any.
- Is responsible for managing the whole floor to ensure smooth functioning of work and ensure that his people work as a team with good interpersonal relationships.
- Co-ordinate time for lunch breaks/tea breaks for various staff related to his/her departments.
- To have a very pleasing and approachable personality and disposition.
- To ensure that his staff and himself/herself work towards giving the customer exceptional service at all times.
- To ensure that staff take responsibility for their customers and regularly follow up.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must exhibit leadership qualities
- Previous experience in the retail industry is necessary with at least 4 years managerial experience
1. Daily routine / Administration
2. Customer Service
3. Sales Figures