As an Operations Trainee you have the unique opportunity to one day become one of the future leader of our client’s company (specifically within the Operations function).
The program is a unique 24 month program that combines structured learning and development with on-the-job training and project management opportunities. Operations Trainee It is ideal for people with basic professional experience and interest in leveraging core technical and problem solving skills into a leadership role in a people-intensive manufacturing/production environment.
Functional Rotations (6 months): During the two year program, you will undergo four placements / assignments of 6 months duration each to provide you strong understanding of all areas critical to the Operations functions. During each rotation, you will be assigned a “Departmental Sponsor/Learning Leader” to oversee your time, work and training in that area. The functional areas are: Manufacturing, Quality Control, Warehouse/Distribution, Customer Care, Planning & Scheduling, Plant Maintenance and Engineering.
- Functional Exposures (3 months): this part is focused on developing basic cross functional exposure to other key areas within the business, outside of the manufacturing/production area. The cross functional training areas for exposure could be Sales& Marketing, Development etc.
- Project Management: You will be given projects to participate on throughout the program.
Bachelor’s Degree within Chemical, computer, electrical, mechanical or Industrial Engineering (3.0 or higher GPA)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and presentations skill is a must
- 3 years of Experience in industrial/manufacturing setting
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a multicultural environment
- Relevant internship experience highly preferred
- Result oriented personality with superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Capacity to learn and develop continuously
- Structured and creative approach to work
- Professional demeanor;
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic;
- Professional, able to interact with vendors/clients;
- Positive, “can do” attitude.